Featured Blowing Rock Properties
About Blowing Rock
The gentle green slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains form a spectacular backdrop to the small town of Blowing Rock, NC. For your next vacation with the family, Blowing Rock offers a little of something for everyone. Golfers can hit the green at one of three regional golf clubs. Local tour outfitters can take you out for a day on the trail, whether you prefer to go on foot, on a bike, or on horseback. There are also a number of great fly fishing spots in the region.
During the summer months, the Art in the Park Festival brings local artists and craftsmen together for an exhibition on the American Legion Grounds. Blowing Rock also hosts the annual Blue Ridge Wine and Food Festival. At this wonderful spring event, guests can sample locally produced wines, attend cooking classes and seminars, and enjoy live evening entertainment. In the winter, all of North Carolina's high country is transformed by a beautiful dusting of snow. For skiers and snowboarders, there are several nice mountains in the vicinity, appropriate for beginners to experts. No matter when you visit Blowing Rock, take the time to walk around town and enjoy the collection of cute boutiques, antique shops, art galleries, bookstores, cafes, and restaurants. In the evening, you may want to buy tickets for a theater performance at Hayes Performing Art Center.
When in Blowing Rock, consider the following popular sights:
- Turchin Center for the Visual Arts: A part of Appalachian State University, this gallery space presents rotating exhibitions of fine art and sculpture.
- Blowing Rock Art and History Museum: Also known as BRAHM, this museum tells the story of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Blowing Rock settlement.
- Sugar Mountain Resort: Located on 115 acres, this winter resort offers alpine skiing and snowboarding trails, snow tubing courses, and snowshoeing trails.
- Appalachian Ski Mountain: This large ski resort offers miles of trails, a fabulous ski school, and a relaxing ski lodge for an afternoon hot chocolate.
- Grandfather Trout Farm: A great place to take the family, this recreation area offers great fishing and provides equipment rentals as well as free fish cleaning and packing.
- Grandfather Mountain: Plan a day hike in the gorgeous and green wilderness of Grandfather Mountain State Park, where you can see rushing rivers, wildflowers, and deer as you stroll.
Plan your next trip to Blowing Rock, North Carolina, by finding a comfortable vacation rental that can accommodate the whole family. For a winter ski trip, choose a cozy cabin or ski condo where you can relax after a day on the mountain. In the summer, an apartment in historic Blowing Rock will put you close to the fun in town.