Featured Hanalei Properties
1 / 12
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 3 night min
The surroundings of this laid back yet vibrant Hawaiian village are full of exquisite beauty, and plenty of history, culture, and art. In addition to excellent dining options and a buzzing nightlife, Hanalei also has a variety of outdoor recreation to enjoy and traditional musical and dance performances to attend. For those who enjoy tee time, Makai Golf Course at Princeville at Hanalei is one of the best experiences around. The challenging course and exquisite surroundings make for many memorable games. While you are here, head to Hanalei Valley Lookout, the perfect spot to take in all of the landscape, as well as Hanalei Pier, a favorite place among residents to get together.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in the Hanalei:
- Kauai's North Shore Surfing School: Spend a day here where you can take part in either group or private surf lessons every day. Choose to spend your day on the board or take part in a unique group snorkel excursion.
- Kayak Hanalei: Spend a day kayaking the peaceful Hanalei River. Travel quietly up this waterway and absorb all of Hawaii's serenity. Snorkel the tropical reefs of Hanalei Bay then relax amidst some of Hawaii's most striking natural beauty.
- Take an outdoor adventure: Hanalei is home to some of the best zip-line and outdoor activity sites around. Spend a day zip-lining, kayaking, or on a hiking tour across beautiful, private, and vast Hawaiian lands along the North Shore. Experienced guides will take you through waterways and trails, providing island history and trivia along the way.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve: Visit this national botanical garden and preserve situated in a tropical valley on the island's north shore. The gardens boast serene Pacific Ocean views amidst a Makana Mountain backdrop.
- Ching Young Village Shopping Center: Go on a shopping spree for souvenirs at Ching Young.
- Mc Master Slack Key Concerts: Those hoping to enjoy some indigenous music should head to the Hanalei Community Center to see musicians performing authentic Hawaiian slack key and ukulele concerts.
Get the most out of your time in Hanalei by staying in a vacation rental. In the morning, step outside your condo or villa and onto Hanalei's beautiful vast beaches where you can swim, snorkel, sail, fish, or simply sun under a blue sky. Then at night, retreat to your home away from home and grill the day's catch on your rental's patio amidst a beautiful ocean back drop.