Featured Haleiwa Properties
1 / 9
1 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
- No min stay
Located on the North Shore of the island of Oahu, Haleiwa is a classic tropical paradise and a postcard perfect vacation destination during any season of the year. Because of its unusually glassy waves, this area is a popular site for serious surfers. Many surfing championships are scheduled here during the winter season when the waves can reach heights greater than 20 feet.
Oahu's North Shore is also a mecca for nature lovers and turtle watchers. Take a guided eco tour by boat and observe turtles of several species as they glide peacefully through the clear green waters of the Pacific. Be sure to experience nature inland as well. The hiking trails here lead to breathtaking overlooks and beautiful views of the ocean from above. Fans of "Lost" will recognize some of these vistas, since portions of the show were filmed here.
After a day of beaches, waves, mountains and cultural experiences, watch the sun set over the ocean and explore the warm, vibrant nightlife of Haleiwa.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Take a surfing lesson: If you've never gone surfing before, the beaches of Haleiwa are a perfect place to learn. During the summer, the waves are high but manageable for beginners, the area is safe, and the instructors are knowledgeable.
- Go sea kayaking or paddle surfing: The north shore of Oahu is a perfect place to explore from a position in or close to the water. This is a wonderful way to experience the plants, sea turtles and other marine life just below.
- Experience a shark encounter: Shark-watching outfitters use a special underwater cage made of bars or protective plexiglass. Get up close and personal with one of the ocean's most fascinating and misunderstood creatures.
- Go horseback riding: There's no more romantic way to experience Oahu's north shore. Gallop along the beach and explore the inland trails.
- Visit the Haleiwa Farmer's Market: Wander the stalls of this weekly market to hear some local conversation and learn more about the origins of the freshest Oahu produce.
- Go skydiving: If you only get a chance to sky dive once in your life, do it here. See exhilarating views of this tropical paradise from above.
To get the most out of your experience in Halewai, find a perfect place to stay. There are plenty of vacation rental opportunities during every season here. You'll have no trouble booking a luxurious villa or beautiful summer condo within a few steps of the beach.