With the holidays quickly approaching, many people are looking to spend their precious family time in a different setting, perhaps enjoying the fall foliage of New England or getting one last Vitamin-D fix before the blanket of winter stifles out the sun. While your listing is filling up, there are certain things you can do to make sure your guests have a festive and happy stay at your rental, whilst (hopefully) snagging an annual booking.
There are many simple things you can do transform your property into an ideal holiday retreat that will ensure your guests feel right at home in you rental. Not only will your home emanate a jolly spirit, but guests will truly enjoy the effort to make their holiday as special as ever.
Consider adding the following decorative items to your property to welcome autumn and new Guests:
• Fall/Winter decorations like carved pumpkins and wreaths
• Cinnamon potpourri or candles throughout
• Fall scented soaps like pumpkin or cranberry spice
• Festive dishcloths and place mats
• Fleece sheets and lots of blankets
We’ve already emphasized our love for welcome baskets to make the best first impression (who doesn’t love getting gifts?!) Consider tailoring the gift basket so that it suits the season.
For the fall include:
• Pumpkins and carving tools
• Seasonal recipes that incorporate local harvests
• Local foods that are at their prime in the season (think apple pies, jams, fresh pomegranates)
• A list of fun seasonal activities in the area- apple picking, ice skating or festivals
• Trail maps to mountains, parks or hiking trails that are particularly special this time of year
Of course feel free to put your own twist on these ideas, but your guests are guaranteed to appreciate the welcoming gesture as well as the festive spirit.