Vacation Rental Site Compiles the Spookiest Spots Across the Country to Experience a True Fright-Fest
Boston, Mass. – October 19, 2011 – FlipKey, a leading vacation rental website, today released the top spooky and entertaining Halloween destinations across the country. From the deep South to Vegas, the list features something for everyone who is ready to experience a freaky good time this year.
FlipKey’s Halloween destinations include:
• Savannah, GA: Lauded as the supernatural capital of the South, historic downtown Savannah, GA is a spooky Halloween mecca for history buffs and thrill seekers! Much of the downtown area was allegedly built on top of cemeteries, and the city celebrates the spooky past every year with ghost tours, parties, and specials, including stops at the Bonaventure Cemetery and Mercer Williams House.
• West Hollywood, CA: Take your Halloween celebrating to the next level joining the half million people at the West Hollywood Costume Carnival, one of the country’s biggest street festivals and largest Halloween parties! Santa Monica Boulevard is shut down to allow revelers to enjoy live entertainment, food vendors, pumpkin-carving, and children’s activities throughout the week before the holiday.
• Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas is a fabulous destination any time of year, but with fabulously glittery, famous historic visitors and over-the-top costumes and parties, Halloween is one of the most exciting times to visit Sin City! The city celebrates with countless parties and events, but you can really transport back in time with the Haunted Vegas Tours.
• Tombstone & Flagstaff, AZ: Home to one of the most notorious streets of the Wild West, Tombstone, Arizona is famous for the epic gun battles that raged for years between the law and the outlaws. Up north in Flagstaff, Arizona, visit spooky landmarks featured on Unsolved Mysteries.
• Salem, MA: Home of the famous 1692 Salem Witch Trials, this is the ideal Halloween destination for those seeking thrills and historic celebrations of the spooky past! The city of Salem puts on an annual parade, hosts countless tours and re-enactments, and stretches the revelry out to last all month.
• New Orleans, LA: Down in the Big Easy, tourists and visitors can pick from many of the country’s best ghost tours, spanning the French Quarter to the raised cemetery, ‘Cities of the Dead.’
FlipKey features over 100,000 vacation homes around the world ranging from castles, Obama’s Summer Home, an MTV Real World House, Treehouses, Frodo’s Hobbit Hut and endless choices of wonderful beach and mountain homes. To find a vacation rental in one of our spooky cities this Halloween, visit us at www.flipkey.com.
FlipKey™ is a leading vacation rental service that makes booking a vacation home simple and pain free. Featuring over 100,000 vacation homes and the world’s largest collection of authentic vacation rental guest reviews, FlipKey ensures that consumers find the ideal vacation home with unique advantages of personal space and superior amenities in ideal locations throughout the world. FlipKey has been named a “Top Vacation Rental Site” by Travel + Leisure Magazine and was ranked one of the top 10 travel websites by the New York Post. The site has been featured across a variety of top tier media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, USA Today, MSNBC, SmartMoney, and the LA Times.
FlipKey is majority owned by TripAdvisor, LLC, and exclusively powers vacation rentals on TripAdvisor, which attracts more than 25 million unique monthly visitors. FlipKey is available at https://www.flipkey.com