The 20 Worst Things About Going to the Beach That We All Experience
Summertime is on its way! For most of us in the north the sunshine seems like a myth that the elders speak of when they talk about the good ole days.
So, the first question is, are you ready for beach body season?
Either way this article is moving forward. Let’s get to the 20 reasons why going to the beach is the WORST.
1. You have to wake up super, super early.
2. Driving around looking for a parking spot for what seems like hours. Finding one but it is incredibly small. Parking there anyway.
3. When you’re trying to swim and you touch something weird with your toe at the bottom of the ocean.
4. You find sand EVERYWHERE – in every nook and cranny – when you finally get home.
5. High speed winds that whip sand in your face and make you feel cold.
6. You get home and you realize that you’re So. Freaking. Sunburnt and then someone touches your skin.
7. Drinking too much booze at the beach that it ruins your day.
8. Having to constantly move your chair due to creeping tides and cloud cover.
9. The public bathrooms are soaking wet and you carefully move your way through them going “ew, ew, ew.”
10. When there’s an ENTIRE BEACH WORTH OF SPACE, yet someone sits down right next to you.
11. Children are everywhere, they are loud, they kick sand, and they are super annoying – but their parents make no attempt to control them.
12. Having to avoid pinching crabs and/or stinging jellyfish all day.
13. Seagulls are around you all day trying to steal your food.
14. Sand gets into your sub 30 seconds after taking it out of the cooler and it’s soggy from the melting ice but you are so hungry you sit there eating it anyway.
15. Old men in tiny, tiny bathing suits and you and your friend look over like…
16. Sun is too hot, water is too cold, and you just can’t find a happy medium comfort level.
17. The undertow grabs you out of nowhere.
18. When you are getting blatantly hit on/stalked by another beach goer and you want nothing of it.
19. When you are the stalker but you have no game at all besides being way too aggressive.
20. When a big group of attractive people are playing beach sports and you’re just by yourself.
But even though going to the beach has its small inconveniences. It still beats a day like this…
So we here at FlipKey advocate for the beach and can’t WAIT to get back out there. We miss you summer!